Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hey, Kids, You Rock!

When I started writing this blog, I wanted to have a goal a month.  But, it turned out to more challenging than I thought.  Mostly, because, I still don't feel like I've achieved my first goal.  I still raise my voice when I wish I wouldn't and I still get really frustrated when the kids leave their stuff around the house.  But, before I go beating myself up about it, I can also say that I still have moments when I say the perfect thing and when I calmly remind my forgetful darlings when I see their clothes being thrown on the floor.

Anyway, goals are good, but they can't be done by the month.  Not my goals, anyway.  My goals evolve and multiply.  You know, it's like I'm in mommy school!  I learn new skills as I go along and, hopefully, in the end, I'm really smart at mom stuff!

So, over the last couple of weeks, I've added a new goal.  I'm trying to compliment my children, catch them being good, or whatever you want to call it.  But, I'm trying to make sure that they know that I appreciate their personalities and their efforts.

The first night that I decided to do this, I thought that I would make it kind of formal.  When they were about to go to bed, I called their names and said something nice to each of them.  They just kind of looked at me and seemed to think it was kind of weird. haha.  So, now, I just try to notice the good things that they do and acknowledge them.

Hopefully, they notice.  Hopefully, it's helping.  Hopefully, I'll remember to keep it up!

And, hopefully, it's good enough to get me my mommy school diploma. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment