Sunday, January 12, 2014

Half-Way Through My Chill Month.

So, I vowed not to yell for the month of January and, the first night, Lizzie and Antwan played in their room until 11pm because I was patiently telling them that they needed to be quiet and go to bed.  haha.  By the next night when it was happening again, I came to the conclusion that there is a big difference between yelling/raising my voice with a purpose and emotional yelling.  So, my revised goal is no emotional yelling!  But, raising my voice so that I'll be taking seriously...I don't think I am ready to give that up. :)

I'm half way through the month and I've been working on being more patient and I think I'm doing pretty well.  My teenager even said so and toasted me at dinner with his Mountain Dew.  Teenagers don't dish out the compliments willy-nilly, so I'll take it!

Some moments are easier than others, of course.  When Kaleb, accidentally, knocked my picture that my parents had gotten my husband and I for Christmas off the wall and the frame broke in a couple of pieces, I wanted to lose it.  But, then I gave myself a quick time-out, took note of what the picture said, and got it together.  






When I woke up, yesterday, and Lizzie had, apparently, had an accident, and Antwan told me that it got on his Nintendo 2DS, but it was ok because he washed in the sink; I wanted to freak out.  But, the 2DS is, inexplicably, still working and,really, it's kind of funny, anyway.

Not too shabby for an emotional Pisces! ;)

Ok, on to next week! 

How's your month going? 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment